- 350g MIX B flour (by Schar + 30g to flour the surface)
- 100g ground flaxseed
- 40g tapioca
- 60g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 350ml warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- In a big bowl, put warm water, dry yeast, a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of flour. Cover it with a kitchen towel and put it in a warm place for the yeast to activate.
- When the yeast is ready, add the egg and melted butter in it.
- Slowly mix flour, flaxseedand tapioca into the mixture until well combined. The dough is very soft so use a hand mixer with dough hooks for easier kneading.
- Let the dough rise for 30 minutes in a warm place covered with a kitchen towel. When the dough is ready, lightly flour the work surface and gently knead the dough for a few moments. Using your hands, shape the buns and transfer them to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Lightly beat the egg yolk. Brush the egg yolk on top of each bun until evenly coated. Sprinkle generously with sesame seeds.
- Let the buns rise for another 10-15 minutes and bake them in an oven preheated to 180°C for 25-30 minutes.