- 500g MIX B flour by Schär
- 400ml lukewarm water
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 300g shredded Gouda cheese
- 100g melted butter
1) Prepare the yeast by following the instructions on the packets and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Put all the other ingredients into a mixing bowl. The dough will be soft so use the mixer for easier kneading. Mix on medium speed and slowly add the yeast. Mix until well combined. Let the dough sit in a warm place for 30-40 minutes to rise.
2) Line the baking sheets with parchment. After 30-40 minutes of rising, divide the dough into half and roll out each half to a 3mm thickness and grease the dough with melted butter (be sure to dust the surface for kneading with flour).
3) Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the dough and roll it. Lightly squeeze the dough so the cheese stays in the dough during baking. Instead of Gouda, you can use cottage cheese and/or add ham. Let your imagination run free.
4) Put the dough into the baking sheets and make a zigzag pattern on it using a knife. Let the dough sit for another 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake the dough in the preheated oven for 25 – 35 minutes. I lightly greased the triangles with butter for a nice golden colour. You can also sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.